Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We All Scream . . .


Monday I traveled to Brenham, TX with Louise and Ethan and Oran and Zara to visit and tour Blue Bell Creamery. I saw ice cream exiting long frosty pipes into the half gallon containers that Louise always asks her mommy to purchase at the local Randall's grocery store. They were making 53 half gallons a minute just at this location. The tour guide asked us not to take pictures inside the facility, so we took photos outside the parlor where we had our free samples!!! Yum yum.

Surprisingly, there were no plum flavors among the 20 or so samples offered. I put a note in their suggestion box and said I'd try some once they got a purple flavor option out there - boysenberry, dark raspberry, there are many ways to work in violet selections. In the meantime I enjoyed watching the creamy samples drip from the spoons of my young friends who sampled strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, and mint chip.

I sat on the original delivery refrigerator truck - the one that they showed us on an introductory video and that has been around for a hundred years. Some of the paparazzi snapped my photo.<

No comments: